Latest News: Now its official – I am member of the KARMA KONSUM start-Up Award India. For details please check the webpage.
The KarmaKonsum Start-Up Award promotes eco-social start-ups and was awarded for the first time in 2009 Frankfurt. The aim of this award is to provide entrepreneurs with a support system, to connect them with relevant industry contacts, all amidst an attractive forum. The KarmaKonsum Start-Up Award is supported by the the Indian Start-Up Network TIE and is implemented in cooperation with the Indo German Chamber of Commerce.
- Application phase: The founders shall apply between 1st November 2013 to 31st January 2014 with a 5 page ‘Company Profile’ via email to:
*Please note that Company Profiles of more than 5 pages SHALL NOT be considered by the jury.
- Selection of the top 5: In mid-February, the jury will select five finalists from among the proposals received. The five finalists shall be announced and notified on 20th of February 2014.
- The award ceremony shall take place on March 6th 2014 at the KarmaKonsum conference during which the winner of the award will be announced and commemorated.
The award primarily calls for founders of business functioning within the eco-social retail market based on business ideas that have the potential to make the economy more sustainable. The company should fit into the following postulates:
– Formation of the company should have taken place within the last two years. (Early 2011 onwards)
– The company should be registered in India and the founders should be based in India.
– The business should be ecological and sustainable. It can also be a social project or a non-profit trade project, as long as it addresses consumer needs.
– The business model should be enough sustainable so as to create more jobs in the coming years.
– The ‘Company Profile’ will need to detail out all of the above points in a clear, lucid language and should not exceed 10 pages in length.